Arrr… The Recyclable Regatta challenge is on! Make a raft out of recyclables and battle it out with the pirates on the high seas! There will be great prizes and fun to be had for all ages
Recyclable Regatta Rules
There will be two divisions, and the same raft can be used in both divisions:
1. Open Age 13 – open
2. Children Ages 6 – 12
• Maximum crew of 3
• Any type of oar/paddle can be used.
• The maximum size of the raft is 3m x 3m
• Raft to be made from recyclable materials (see below list)
Build a raft from recycled materials, bottles, plastic pipes and other materials that would otherwise be dumped or recycled.
Specifically ALLOWED materials:
• Milk, juice, water, soft drink
• Plastic drums
• Bamboo poles
• Plastic sheeting
Specifically NOT ALLOWED:
• Insulation foam, “Coolite”
• Parts of boats/canoes/kayaks
• Whole boats/canoes/kayaks or emergency flotation
• Anything that might wash-off, water based paints
• Anything that might “leach” contaminants into the ocean
Event will be held off the beach at Broadwater Avenue.
If you intend building a raft please call Andrew Farley on 0407 798876 or email email@example.com to discuss your choice of materials and register your team. Previous years have seen some great entries.