Arrr… The Recyclable Regatta challenge is on! Make a raft out of recyclables and battle it out with the pirates on the high seas! There will be great prizes and fun to be had for all ages
Recyclable Regatta Rules
There will be two divisions, and the same raft can be used in both divisions:
1. Open Age 13 – open
2. Children Ages 6 – 12
• Maximum crew of 3
• Any type of oar/paddle can be used.
• The maximum size of the raft is 2m x 2m
• Raft to be made from recyclable materials (see below list)
Build a raft from recycled materials, bottles, plastic pipes and other materials that would otherwise be dumped or recycled.
Specifically ALLOWED materials:
• Milk, juice, water, soft drink bottles
• Plastic drums
• Bamboo poles
• Plastic sheeting
Specifically NOT ALLOWED:
• Insulation foam, “Coolite”
• Parts of boats/canoes/kayaks
• Whole boats/canoes/kayaks or emergency flotation
• Anything that might wash-off, water based paints
• Anything that might “leech” contaminants into the ocean
If you intend building a raft please call Margie Murphy on 0418 155 542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your choice of materials and register your team. Previous years have seen some great entries.